Examination of the materials of the application for registration of the designation of origin and / or the granting of the right to use the designation of origin of goods shall be carried out within six months from the date of the application, during which the compliance with the requirements established by the Articles 26, 27 and 29 of the Law” On Trademarks, Service Marks and Protected Designation of origin".
During the examination, the following are verified:
- compliance of the description of special properties of the goods with the data contained in the State Register of Protected Designation of Origin of Goods of the Republic of Kazakhstan, if the declared designation has already been registered as the appellation of origin;
- the existence of a geographic location, the name of which is declared as the designation of origin of the goods on the date of filing the application;
- compliance of the claimed designation with the official modern name of the geographic location or its official historical name;
- the existence of information confirming the location of a geographic location, the name of which is declared as the designation of origin of the goods, in the locality whose boundaries are indicated in the application.
Examination of the contents of the local executive body conclusion is to establish the availability of information confirming:
- the applicant's location in the locality, the name of which is declared as the designation of origin;
- production by the applicant of the goods, specified in the application, in the territory of the locality, the name of which is declared as the name of the designation of origin of the goods;
- existence in the product produced by the applicant of special properties, qualities, reputation or other characteristics, determined exclusively and (or) mainly common for specified geographic location by natural conditions and (or) human factors.