According to the item 1, 3 of the Article 8 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Trademarks, Service Marks and Protected Designation of Origin", an application for a trademark to an expert organization is submitted by one applicant.
According to the item 2 of the Article 9 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Trademarks, Service Marks and Protected Designation of Origin" and the item 2 of the Rules of drawing up, processing and consideration, the application is submitted on a standard form in 3 copies. Also the application can be submitted in the form of an electronic document, certified by an electronic digital signature.
An application for a trademark must contain:
- a request for the examination of the designation with the indication of the applicant, as well as his place of performance or residence;
- the claimed designation in an amount of 15 pieces with a size of 8 * 8;
- the list of goods and (or) services in accordance with the International Classification of Goods and Services.
The application must be accompanied by:
- a document confirming the payment for the services of the expert organization for the examination. The amount of payment is established in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- power of attorney, in case of conducting office work through a representative;
- the charter of a collective trademark (in the case of filing an application for a collective trademark), including the name of the organization authorized to register a collective trademark in its name, the purpose of this mark registration, the list of subjects entitled to use this sign, the list and uniform qualities or other characteristics of goods and services, which will be indicated by a collective trademark, the conditions for its use, the procedure for monitoring its use, liability of infringement of the provisions of the collective trademark charter.
- The application and attached documents are submitted in the state or Russian languages.
The application documents must be drawn up in accordance with the item 2 of the Article 9 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan "On Trademarks, Service Marks and Protected Designation of Origin" and the item 2 of the Rules for drawing up, processing and considering an application for a trademark.